CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Is it Burnout?

A few nights ago, I arrived home from work about 11. I went straight to my room, changed into my jammies, washed my face, brushed my teeth and kissed my hubby goodnight (I think I did...at least I hope I did). As I climbed into bed, I noticed something stuck to my pillow.

On closer inspection, here’s what I found:

A post-it-love-note from my son Josh and his girlfriend (slash) might-as-well-be-fiance Rach. A pinprick-size thought pierced through to my conscience: "There is supposed to more to LIFE than work, and PEOPLE who are supposed to be more important than Partners and clients." Does anyone recognize the symptoms? Stay tuned...more revelations to follow.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

kathy, i think it's about time you take your son + his might-as-well-be-his-fiance's advice and take a potty break every once in a while :)

what sweet kids!

Kristina P. said...

Take a breather! Your son and his fiancee are completely sweet.

Sandy Buffington said...

I am so excited to leave work and be around family. Yay! Even though I will miss wonderful people like you. :) Hopefully, work will slow down for you. You deserve a break.

BTW: I am totally going to blog stalk you now.

How do you know my sweet Michelle?

Sandy Buffington said...

sandybuff@gmail.com

You can e-mail me anytime or call me.

Connie Taylor said...

Hey Kathy! This is Connie Taylor in Jackson, Mississippi !! I loved reading about the note that Josh and Rachel left on your pillow. This is so incredibly sweet. Hope you guys are going to have a fabulous Christmas. Send our love to Josh, we so dearly miss him! Connie & Warren