CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Par-tays!

Who knew a Christmas party (or 3 of them in one week) would unleash the Christmas spirit in my lately-cranky-heart?

Wednesday: Home-Ward RS Christmas Open House. Between 30-40 lovely ladies from the neighborhood stopped by for a Christmas cookie exchange, carols and conversation. Since I’ve abandoned the home ward, I suspect the open-house was an attempt at re-activation. Still it warmed my heart to see so many friends

Thursday: Like we don’t see enough of each other, we had a Ladies-Only Christmas Party for the chicas at work. Even though my son Jared refused to provide the entertainment with his award-winning-booty-clap, we still had fun.

Saturday: This par-tay gets a shout-out on the blog...WITH pics. The weather outside was frightful, so a drive through Provo Canyon to Midway was out of the question. Plan B was triggered 2 hours before party-time, and we rocked the house with 80 of our BYU kids. (Not literally – I don’t want to get anyone’s ecclestiastical endorsement pulled for HECKsake.)

Before I knew about Plan B, me and my girls (Heather, Jen and Rach) dipped and wrapped over 200 candied apples on Saturday morning to give to our BYU kids and neighbors. I felt like a domestic goddess!
We have a new in-house, sit-down dinner record ...count 'em - 75! (Parker, please chew with your mouth closed.)
I wonder...is Brent dressed-up as "Tiny Tim" or just Brent? This was no ordinary party, but these are extraordinary 20-somethings. The kids auctioned off and bid on each other's services, with donated canned goods. They collected over 500 pounds of food for the Utah Food Bank!...and they made a dozen blankets for the Pioneer Park Homeless Shelter...ya gotta love 'em! "Heather R - Activity Committee Queen" - We will never let her move out of the ward! "Last Men Standing" - Thanks Devin, Zach and Matt for helping the Bishop move my furniture back in the house! No more parties until I do some Christmas shopping!

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

What a great party!! I actually love Christmas parties. Good thing I throw one, or else I would be partiless. :(

Jen Grimshaw said...

You really do know how to throw a Partay! I loved pretending to be a "chica from work" and a "BYU Kid"! That reminds me.. I forgot to buy those shirts to be tie dyed. I love you tons, see you tomorrow. Love Jen

Happy now!

Heather said...

If only you were through throwing Christmas parties for the year. Sigh. Think, Sunday will be the best ever!

Sarah F said...

It's so fun to see what you've been up to. You are so fun! I miss it!

Kathy said...

Fritos, who are you? I can't see the pic with my grandma eyes. I miss you too, I think(?) Don't leave us hangin'.

Owen said...

What the?!?!? You know you have too many friends at an indoor party when you are required to move all the furniture to the garage!! 75?? Wow.

Also, I have seen the "award-winning-booty-clap" with my own eyes and it is a party maker fo sho! Maybe next time.

Lastly, I think you should get a T-shirt made that says "Domestic Goddess" ASAP.

Have a very Merry Christmas!