CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Best Vacation Ever!

Wow, I'm not gonna lie - this is kind of scary for an old lady! What? Blogging? At my age? Jen and Heather both told me I need to do this, and I'm really good at doing what I'm told (HA!), so here we go!

We've had a great summer, so I guess that's a good place to start. Kirk and I, blissfully enjoying our new status as empty-nesters, are livin' it up! I'm pretty sure our children believe we vicariously live our lives through them....little do they know...

Our trip to Belize: definitely a summer highlight! Our first vacation EVER that we did NO WORK! Before leaving, we both committed to no email and no voicemail. I thought I would be technology-detoxing the first two days but we didn't miss a beat. And although hard to imagine, the company survived without us - quite a blow to my ego by the way. In fact, I suspect half the employees didn't even know we were gone, but I'm a little afraid to consider that possibility. I prefer to hold on to the fantasy that I'm indispensable in the workplace.

Nine amazing days in the Honeymoon Suite (wink, wink) at Chabil Mar Resort. The resort was in a tiny village (pop.500) called Placencia, which is on the peninsula in South Belize (highly recommended to anyone considering a Central American vacation). Belize was the perfect combination of jungle, beach, pool-side, cultural, third-world, luxury, snorkeling, cave-tubing, canopy-tour, sun-bathing and our new obsession sea-kayaking.

Belize already feels like a distant memory, but I will definitely go on record, benchmarking this trip as our best vacation ever!

4 comments:

Jen Grimshaw said...

Oh my heck! you guys are the coolest parents ever!! I am so happy that you have a blog! Please update it tall the time! I love you very much!!

Lisa said...

Kathy......I will definitely be looking at your blog! haha, I love that you have one. Your vacation sounds amazing...and from the things I've heard from you it's definitely one I will have to take sometime in my lifetime!! Here's our link:

tylerandlisa.blogspot.com

Heather said...

YAY!!! I love it!! I agree with Jen, you guys are the coolest! And way to do what you are told!

Unknown said...

I love your blog!! So cute! You guys are too cute and you know what?! We DID miss you every waking moment that you were gone, you were never far from our thoughts! It wouldn't be FirstWest without the Benson's! Love you guys! Jess